Scholar Awards by Year
Select the year below to read the profiles for the respective winners.
ANNOUNCING THE 2022 NUFFIELD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARS
We are delighted to announce the 2022 Nuffield International Scholars!
Nine farmers and agri-professionals from the USA, Chile, Japan and Brazil will join the unique global network of Nuffield International Scholars. They include:
- Ana Carolina Zimmermann manages Ribeirão Farm, an 800-ha family beef business. Her scholarship is supported by Bayer and The Chris Reichstein Philanthropy Fund.
- Raqueeb Bey Ajamu-Osagboro is an Urban Agriculturalist from Pittsburgh, and her scholarship is supported by Bayer and TIAA CREF Global Agriculture
- Isidora Molina Perez de Castro is founder and director of Efecto Manada in Chile, and is supported by TIAA CREF Global Agriculture and the Chris Reichstein Philanthropy Fund.
- Ruth McCabe, from Iowa, is a Conservation Agronomist with Heartland Agricultural Cooperative and her scholarship is supported by a collaboration of organisations from Iowa in the USA.
- Victor Muñoz is Area Manager of FruitSpec in Chile, and is supported by PSP Investments and the Chris Reichstein Philanthropy Fund.
- Shinya Okazaki from the Ehime region of Japan, is supported by Norinchukin Bank and has a ranch business called YUBOKU with beef cattle and pigs.
- Renata Rossetto Lopes, from Ceará in Brazil, is supported by PSP Investments and the Chris Reichstein Philanthropy Fund, and is Partner and Business Manager at Fruitissimo, a organic tropic fruit farm.
- Tom Merwin, from Clarksburg in California, is General Manager and Vice President of Merwin Vineyards. He is supported by a collaboration of organisations from California in the USA.
- Elder Bruno, an agronomist from Goiás in Brazil, receives a scholarship supported by Grupo Sinagro.
Click on the 2022 link above to read their profiles
We thank our generous investors for their support of these scholarships:
- Bayer Crop Science
- TIAA-CREF Global Agriculture
- PSP Investments
- Norinchukin Bank
- Chris Reichstein Philanthropy Fund
- A collaboration of
organisations from Iowa, USA
- a collaboration of organisations from California, USA
- Grupo Sinagro
APPLICATIONS FOR 2023 WILL OPEN IN JULY 2022!
To be awarded a 2023 scholarship, an application and interview process is held in 2022 and the scholarship commences in 2023.
- Each scholarship bursary is valued at US$25,000.
To be eligible, you must be:
- An individual who makes a living from agriculture, either as a primary producer or working in the industry.
- Typically between 25 and 45 years of age, but exceptional candidates outside that age range will be considered.
- Seeking to develop capacity and experience through travel and exploration.
- Living and working in countries where Nuffield International scholarships are available: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Japan, Kenya, USA and Zimbabwe.