Nuffield International Scholarships
2018 Nuffield International Scholarship Now Open
Nuffield International is pleased to announce the next round of available scholarships.
The first Nuffield International Scholarship was announced in 2015 for investors wanting to offer a Scholarship across multiple geographies, or investors wanting to support a Nuffield Scholars in countries that are not current members of the Nuffield network.
The Nuffield International Scholarship program provides a unique opportunity for farmers and agribusiness professionals to travel internationally for a minimum of 16 weeks, researching agricultural production, distribution, management and/or communication. It is the leading agricultural scholarship program worldwide.
Approximately 80 Nuffield Scholarships will be awarded to leading farmers and agri-professionals for the 2018/19 program, being scholarships offered within each of the 7 member countries, and scholarships awarded by Nuffield International. Current member countries who select emerging agricultural entrepreneurs and leaders each year to participate in this transformative program include the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Brazil and the USA. The Nuffield Scholarship was developed in 1947 by entrepreneur Mr William Morris of the United Kingdom as post-war strategy to stimulate progressive farmers to increase food production and rebuild economy. There are currently over 1700 Nuffield Scholars worldwide, forming a powerful network of global-thinking agriculturalists that have committed to life-long learning and contributions to the prosperity of the sector and society.
Nuffield Scholars are selected annually on merit for their commitment to farming and are at the edge of innovative practices and technology uptake. Applicants do not need academic qualifications (eg. university graduation) but need to convince selectors that they have the necessary qualities to make the best use of the opportunity.
1. A Nuffield International Scholarship supported by TIAA-CREF Global Agriculture open to agriculturalists from USA, Brazil, Chile and Australia. The applicant must nominate to study one of the following 6 topics:
- How to Retain and Improve Our Soil Health
- Sustainable Water Use Practices
- Farming and Technology
- Farmland Ownership/Operating Models/Returns
- Institutional Farmland Investment
- Environmental and Social Governance
2. A Nuffield International Scholarship supported by Nufarm open to Brazilian agriculturalists.
3. A Nuffield International Scholarship supported by Iowa Corn, Iowa Pork, National Pork and Iowa Farm Bureau open to Iowa agriculturalists. Note application will close for this scholarship on 31st October 2017.
NB: Additional Nuffield International Scholarships will be published here as they become available.
To apply for one of the scholarships, you must complete the online application form, and submit your CV (in English) and a portrait photo.
We strongly encourage you to download this word document with the written questions onto your computer, complete the answers in this form and then cut and paste into the online application form. You cannot save the application form halfway through completing it and return to it at a later date.